ABOUT DRAKE UNIVERSITY
· Opened in September 1881
· Located in the city of Des Moines in the State of Iowa, United States
· A private, fully accredited, coeducational university on a 120-acre campus
To provide an exceptional learning environment that prepares students for meaningful personal lives, professional accomplishments, and responsible global citizenship.
Academic Departments at Drake University
· College of Arts and Sciences
· College of Business and Public Administration
· School of Education
· School of Journalism and Mass communication
· School of Law
· College of Pharmacy and Health Science
Drake is ranked in the top universities for:
· Educational quality (consistently named at the top by US News and World Report)
· Student achievement in and out of the classroom (National study on Student Engagement)
· Value for your dollar (Barron’s 300 Best Buys in College Education and Peterson’s Guide to competitive Colleges)
North Central Association of Schools and Colleges charter member; AACSB-International Association for Management Education; Iowa State Department of Education; National Association of Schools of Art and Design; National Association of Schools of Music; Accrediting Council on Pharmaceutical Education; American Bar Association; Association of American Law Schools.
The Drake University – MUBS Collaboration
· MUBS received first visit from Drake University academics, Prof. Thomas Root and Dr. Jimmy Senteza on June 21, 2005. At end of visit it was agreed to draw up a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
· MoU signed December 2005
· On June 07, 2006, MUBS received 2nd visit from to Drake University academics, namely Prof. Glenn McKnight and Dr. Jimmy Senteza. Purpose of visit is to, among others, concretize a proposed 18 day Study Abroad Trip to Uganda for students from Drake University to take place in the summer of 2007.
These visits have continued through the years , with the latest that was in 2015. The aim is to exchange information on sustainable development