The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications for admission to Graduate Programmes ( Masters and Doctoral Degree Programmes) for the 2019/2020 Academic Year offered at MUBS. Applicants should have obtained at least a first or second class degree (or its equivalent) from a recognized and chartered university/institution at the time of completion. Applicants should also possess a Ugandan Certificate of Education with at least five passes (or its equivalent) and a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least two principal passes and one subsidiary pass obtained at the same sitting (or its equivalent).
All Graduate Programmes are PRIVATELY-SPONSORED. Therefore applicants seeking sponsorship should have their applications endorsed by their respective sponsors where applicable. Applicants should note that the various fees payable to the University indicated for the various programmes EXCLUDE functional fees, accommodation, books, research and other expenses.
Application Procedure( Blended Online/Manual Applications using the new AIMS System)
- Visit the Makerere University’s Admissions URL(https://admissions.mak.ac.ug) and generate a Payment Reference Number (PRN) by following the guide below.
Makerere University Online Application Portal User-guide
a) Applicants should Signup using full name, e-mail and mobile number. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building, Graduate Admissions Office (308) with a gazette and any other documents supporting the name change.
b) A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile phone contact.
c) The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
d)To fill a form, the applicant clicks on the “APPLY NOW” button displayed. Select the appropriate Scheme, ie Postgraduate and Taught PhD or PhD Research
e) Obtain a PRN by clicking on “PAY FOR FORM” button
f) Make a payment at any of the following Banks:
- Post Bank
- Centenary Bank
- DFCU Bank
- UBA Bank
- All applicants after payment of an application fee of Ugx 50,000 (Ugandan applicants) or Ugx 151,500 (International Applicants) will have to submit to office 307; level 3 Senate Building the following:
- Relevant supporting certified copies of certificates, and academic transcripts (2 copies),
- Letters from 3 referees.
- 2 passport photos.
- For foreign applicants, upon obtaining of a Pay Reference Number (PRN) Payments can be made to Makerere University Revenue Collection Accounts and Bank Swift Codes are as follows:
|NO||BANK||ACCOUNT TITLE||ACCOUNT NO||SWIFT ADDRESSES|
|1||STANBIC BANK||MUC-FEES COLLECTION CASH||9030005866749||SBICUGKXXXX|
|2||DFCU BANK||MUC- FEES COLLECTION||01083500181477||DFCUUGKAXXX|
|3||CENTENARY BANK||MUC FEES COLLECTION||3740300001||CERBUGKAXXX|
|4||POSTBANK UGANDA LTD||MUC FEES COLLECTION||1630037000063||UGPBUGKA|
- Strictly observe the closing date of Friday, 12th April, 2019
- All Applicants for Master of Business Administration (College of Business and Management Sciences and Makerere University Business School) will do a GMAT test on dates to be communicated by College of Business and Management Sciences and Makerere University Business School respectively. The fee for the MUBS GMAT Admission test is 50,000/=.
- In addition to the general admission requirements, applicants for Master of Public Infrastructure Management (MPIM) must have “Proven professional experience of at least 2 years at managerial/supervisory level or policy-decision making position in a government, parastatal organ, international organisation or non-governmental organisation” Applicants should attach a 2- page short CV and referee recommendations.
- Detailed information about the Programmes’ admission requirements, content and regulations can be obtained from Makerere University Website and Directorate of Research and Graduate Training or contact the Principals/College Registrars of the respective Colleges and Schools.