Call for Applications : MUBS First Class Students’ Scholarship Academic Year 2019/2020 – Deadline Friday September 6,2019
MUBS First class students’ scholarships.
Nature of the scholarship
Makerere University Business School (MUBS) promotes learning by encouraging, supporting and granting scholarships to first class students at the undergraduate and postgraduate degree level for further studies. This will enable MUBS tap into its excellent students for academic development. The scholarship will be extended to TWO (2) students and ONE (1) student per programme at Masters and Undergraduate levels respectively.
Objectives of the policy
- Identify first class students and promote scholarship with a view of identifying individuals who can do research and teach.
- To facilitate academic development not only in the institution but also in the country.
- To offer assistantship to those that complete their degree programmes
- To promote learning.
What does the scholarship cover?
- The Scholarship will cover 100% tuition waiver but the beneficiary will be required to pay the requisite functional fees;
- The fellowship is valid for a period of one academic year and is renewable annually (once for graduate programmes and twice for undergraduate programmes) subject to satisfactory performance which includes but not limited to attainment of a minimum CGPA of 4.40
- Termination can be by either party when one party fails to meet the requirements of the fellowship.
- The beneficiary will be attached to a Department which may assign him/her duties for ten (10) hours, non remunerable, per week.
- The offer of the scholarship cannot be carried forward (can not be deferred). If the successful applicant wishes to be considered for the next academic year, he/she will be required to make a fresh application.
- All University regulations apply through the duration of the scholarship.
Who is eligible to apply?
- One must posses an Admission Letter to one of the MUBS programmes for the current academic year.
- One must be a First Class degree holder of a programme jointly offered by Makerere University and MUBS or a First Class Diploma holder of a programme offered and taught at MUBS Main Campus or its Regional Campuses in Mbale, Jinja, Arua and Mbarara.
- One must be a citizen of Uganda, not more than twenty six (26) years of age (applicants for degree and masters applicants)or twenty (20) years of age (applicants for Diploma programmes) at the time of application.
- The Candidate must provide their Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) UCE and UACE Results Slips and Certificates or their equivalent and Diploma/Degree transcripts/Certificates for verification.
How to Apply:
☻ The School Registrar shall invite applications through print and other media during August – September every year for students who wish to benefit from the scholarship programme.-Applications now open – Deadline Friday September 6,2019
☻ Application forms can be picked from Block 5, at the reception desk
☻ All sections of the application forms must be carefully filled in, attached with relevant documentation and submitted at the reception desk of Block 5. Section D must be filled by the relevant officer and stamped.
☻ Applicants, whose forms are not filled properly as required or have failed to attach the relevant supporting documents shall be rejected.