STUDENTS’ DESK / INFORMATION HELP DESK
Makerere University Business School Students’ Desk is the first point of contact for clients that include students, Alumni, visitors and prospective students that helps to provide accurate information about events, campus activities institution resources and their utilization.
Students’ Desk is a unit under Principal’s Office located in the Main Building at the reception purposely:
- Providing information to both internal and external clients such as procedures for applying and guidance on appropriate programs for potential students.
- Assisting students on procedures of paying tuition e.g. getting reference numbers used in banks to pay.
- Directing student and other clients to different offices according to their needs.
- Receiving and issuing lost identity cards and other lost documents to students.
- Guiding students on how to solve issues affecting their academic progress.
- Coordinating and updating the guild office on issues relating with students.
- Helping the newly admitted students learn, become familiar with the different functions of the university to access the services easily.
- Searching for student’s required information from different departments, and disseminating it.
- Issuing fees structures and flyers of the programs offered at MUBS.
- Guiding students on procedures of getting their missing marks.
- Reminding students about rules and regulation in the joining instruction manual.
- Extending a hand to the information desk to fulfill their duty.
- Coordinating with the Dean of students, faculties, and the registrar’s office to help the students address various challenges like lost results, lost documents, missed exams, misunderstanding with the lecturers etc.